At Greenwich Arts Academy we regularly video record and photograph our concerts. These recordings and/or images may be posted to our YouTube channel, our website, and/or our social media channels, including but not limited to FaceBook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
In our monthly newsletter we also feature students of the month, usually with a picture included. We also host an annual picture day that is very popular with our parents. A photographer visits the school and takes pictures of the students and parents may order copies.
Other circumstances in which photography or recording may take place include, but are not limited to: when a student receives an award, certificate, or trophy; during Academy-sponsored events such as field trips; at the completion of a major project on which a student has been working.
By clicking "agree" to this waiver, you give permission for the image, audio and/or video of you or your minor child(ren) enrolled at Greenwich Arts Academy and participating in its activities to be recorded by Greenwich Arts Academy and/or its authorized representatives. You further agree than any or all of the recorded media remains the property of Greenwich Arts Academy LLC and may be used, in any form, as part of any future publications, brochure, or other materials, whether printed or online, and further that such use shall be without payment of fees, royalties, special credit or other compensation.
If you would like for you or your child to participate in student of the month, picture day, recitals or our newsletter, please answer "Yes" on this image and video/audio recording waiver.
Please type your name below after completing Image & Audio/Video Recording Waiver:
1. Every student is expected to practice regularly. It is better to have a shorter practice session each day than one or two lengthy sessions during the week. This develops good habits and a routine and will improve skills immensely.
2. Your teacher will provide guidelines and strategies to help keep your student on track.
3. Practice time will be logged and can be reviewed by teachers and parents in the Muzie Portal.
4. Practice guidelines for MUSIC FUNTIME will be provided in class.
1. Performing is essential to every musician's growth and development. It increases focus, goal-setting ability, motivation, presentation and communication skills, and improves self-esteem.
2. Very young students are encouraged to start performing by playing for imaginary friends or stuffed animals. Older students can play for family members, neighbors, friends, and then groups of friends.
3. The Academy mounts two large student concerts every year. While not mandatory, your student is encouraged to participate and have fun! MUSIC FUNTIME students will have their own recital at a different time.
1. Your teacher is available between lessons to answer questions or help with challenges.
2. To contact your teacher, please MESSAGE THEM THROUGH THE MUZIE PLATFORM. For the security and protection of students, families, and staff, teachers are prohibited from giving out their personal contact information.
3. All messages in the Muzie platform cannot be deleted and can be viewed by parents or students at any time.
1. Tuition payments are due in full on the first of each month, year-round.
2. Your first month's tuition will be prorated if lessons commence later in the month.
3. Tuition payment will be AUTOMATICALLY DEBITED ON THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH, year-round, until we receive a signed and dated withdrawal form.
4. For PRIVATE LESSONS, there is a $35 registration fee due ONLY at time of registration. For MUSIC FUNTIME, there is a $75 registration fee due ONLY at time of registration.
5. Tuition is NEVER prorated for missed lessons.
6. Tuition does not include any retail teaching materials such as books or instruments.
7. Tuition schedule for the 2022-2023 Academic Year (private lessons): $240/mo for 30-minute weekly lessons. $360/mo for 45-minute weekly lessons. $480/mo for 60-minute weekly lessons. Tuition for MUSIC FUNTIME: $156/mo.
8. All fees paid are non-refundable.
1. Greenwich Arts Academy only accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or direct debit from your checking account via ACH.
2. Greenwich Arts Academy does not accept checks or cash.
3. If your card is declined or ACH fails, you will be notified promptly. You may enter your new payment information yourself through the Parent Portal, or you may call us and we'll take your information over the phone. NEVER text or email your payment information!
Books and Materials
1. Music books and other materials for student use will be provided by Greenwich Arts Academy and billed to your account.
Make-Up Lessons (Private Instruction ONLY)
1. If you must miss a lesson, your teacher will record a comprehensive video lesson for you to watch at your convenience.
2. In the event you must miss a lesson, you may attend a Group Makeup. Group Makeups are unlimited.
3. Group Make-ups are held on Saturday afternoons and Thursday evenings, and are limited to six participants. These classes are age and level appropriate and are held between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm. To sign up for a makeup class, CONTACT THE OFFICE AND NOT THE INSTRUCTOR for a date and time. If the student does not have an instrument at home to use during the lesson, the lesson must be rescheduled for a group makeup class at Greenwich Arts Academy.
4. In the event your teacher must a cancel a lesson, it will be rescheduled, or a qualified substitute teacher will be provided. If a substitute teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lesson with the teacher will be scheduled promptly.
5. Makeups for MUSIC FUNTIME are provided through extra classes held periodically throughout the year.
1. Please consult the Academy's calendar for planned holiday closures.
2. If your school's holiday schedule differs from the Academy's, please notify us as soon as possible so we can schedule your student into available Group Makeups.
3. In the event of inclement weather or "snow days," you student may take their lessons over our Muzie platform, or attend as many Group Makeups as necessary. Makeups for MUSIC FUNTIME are provided by extra classes held periodically throughout the year.
1. Every student is enrolled on a month-to-month basis. To discontinue instruction and to discontinue charges to your account, NOTICE MUST BE GIVEN BY THE 21ST OF YOUR LAST MONTH.
2. We do not prorate tuition for the last month’s lessons. Students will be responsible for their last month’s tuition whether or not they attend lessons.
3. Any lessons missed on the student’s final month may be made up at any point in the future — group make-ups are unlimited.
4. If you withdraw from the Academy, all progress made on any incentive program such as the Musical Ladder will be forfeited.
Average of Four Lessons Per Month
1. Monthly tuition is based on a 48 week year. We are closed for four weeks for holidays.
2. In the “long” months, you will have five lessons; in "short" months such as November and December, you will have three lessons; during most months you will have four lessons.
3. Tuition is balanced, which means payments are the same every month: you don't pay more for a five-week month, and you don't pay less for a three-week month. Most months have four lessons.
1. Greenwich Arts Academy operates year-round and does not close for the summer.
2. The Academy is happy to offer unlimited makeups for our private lesson students, and they are held every Thursday and Saturday. MUSIC FUNTIME makeups are covered by extra classes held periodically throughout the year.
3. If your family is taking time off for vacation and intends to resume when you return, your payment is still due on the first of the month to reserve your lesson spot.
4. The lessons for the time you miss can be made up when you return from vacation. You can even continue to take your lessons during your vacation via our Muzie Platform (private lessons only)!
Care of Students
1. The school is not responsible for providing before- or after-care for students.
2. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school atrium during the classes.
3. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
Open Door Policy
1. Parents or Caregivers are always allowed to sit in on lessons.
2. We have an open-door policy for all classes offered.
1. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage.
2. Greenwich Arts Academy LLC is not responsible for any damage done to vehicles or items stolen from vehicles.
1. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside Greenwich Arts Academy. Please DO NOT ask them to meet you elsewhere.
2. Students are not to be dropped off on the street or curb.
3. Greenwich Arts Academy LLC assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.
Please type your name below to indicate you agree to abide by Greenwich Arts Academy's policies and procedures.